Novel Coronavirus – COVID19 Precautionary Measures
The Health and Safety of our Guests and Employees, and their families, is our most important task now more than ever. Therefore, we have adapted our hygiene protocols in order to prevent possible risks and to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe stay with us.
We understand the need to build your TRUST in the way we operate through the current situation. Our post-pandemic measures, presented below, are implemented with the intent of protecting you and building your TRUST in our hotels and in our committed teams, TRUST that we will continuously adapt as necessary. We are all in the same boat, navigating towards safety, with patience and responsibility.
You will ﬁnd presented below a brief of the measures we’ve put in place already, according to standards indicated by the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization. These implemented protocols are continuously observed and adjusted according to health directives and your suggestions.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding travel safety
WHAT GUESTS MUST DO
Rules for our guests
- Disinfect your hands when entering and leaving the hotel and when getting into the lifts; in this respect we have provided dispensers with disinfectants specific to all these areas.
- At the hotel entrance there are door mats soaked in disinfectant solution which we kindly ask you to wipe your feet in order to disinfect your shoes.
- Wear a protection mask in the public areas of the hotel.
- We kindly ask you to keep social distance from the Continental Hotels team members. There are special marks on the lobby floor in this respect.
- We kindly ask you to keep social distance from the other guests of the hotel.
- For you own safety, for the safety of the other guests as well as of our team, we kindly inform you that the check-in procedure also includes taking your body with certified equipment.
- The filling in and signing of the documents as part of the check-in procedure will be made using the guest’s personal pen or the pens provided by the hotel while keeping a 2m distance from the receptionist.
- When checking out, the guests should leave the room key/card in the box specially prepared and marked for this purpose at the reception desk.
- For reservations made in advance, we recommend that payments should be made online or by bank transfer. When paying at the reception desk, the guests should use cards.
- We kindly ask you to keep to the marks and furniture reconfigurations in the public areas so as to facilitate maintaining social distance.
- Lifts should be used by one, maximum 2 (two) people, provided they share the same room.
- On entering the lift, there is a hand disinfectant dispenser, while the floor call buttons are covered with a plastic foil and constantly disinfected by our team.
- In case you do not feel well, we recommend you to stay in your room and call the reception desk.
- In case of a technical malfunction in your room, we kindly ask you to call the reception desk and then leave the room to avoid contact with the employee sent to remedy the deficiency.
WHAT WE DO
Rules for Continental Hotels
- We have restricted for an indefinite period of time our supplementary services (restaurant, bar, spa, swimming pool, conference rooms, business corner), so as to reduce guests’ movements within the hotel.
- We have marked the floors with access routes in keeping the social distance rules.
- We have provided door mats soaked with disinfectant at the hotel entrance.
- We have mounted plastic screens on the reception desk counter to avoid contact with the receptionist.
- The reception team members have protection outfit, which includes, gloves, mask, disinfectant, waste bags, infrared thermometer for checking body temperature in keeping with WHO standards.
- Public areas are cleaned and disinfected by specialised staff trained according to the check-list recommended by the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention in order to prevent COVID-19.
- We pay special attention to sanitize all public contact points and frequently touched surfaces: hotel access door, reception desk area, POSs, guest registration forms, lift buttons, door knobs, handrails, handles, faucets, switches, advertising material racks, reception desk countertop, ATMs.
- We have increased the frequency of public area cleaning to maximum 3 (three) hours using Ecolab authorised disinfectant and antibacterial solutions, while floors are wiped with a Kärcher disinfectant steam cleaner.
- The same measures shall be applied in public rest rooms as in the other public areas.
- All areas are aerated whenever necessary. Filters of ventilation and air conditioning systems are regularly sanitized and cleaned, ensuring an adequate quantity of fresh air.
- We have updated the hotel room cleaning procedure, removing the objects that pose contamination risks and are difficult to disinfect.
- We have updated the cleaning check-list in keeping with the recommendations of the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention in order to prevent COVID-19 spreading, which led to the doubling of the time allotted for room cleaning and disinfecting.
- The employees shall wear full uniform and protection outfit (mask, gloves, and visor) throughout cleaning operations period.
- We have removed all informative and advertising materials from the rooms (guest directory, notes, pens, folds, price lists) and synthesized strictly necessary information in a format that can be sanitized.
- We have removed all items from mini bars, but you can order from the menu at the reception desk. We provide a bottle of water for each guest.
- Breakfast is served by the room service department based on the list to be found in the room.
- Dinner is served by the room service department based on the list with the available dishes to be found in the room.
- Glassware has been replaced with disposable glasses.
- Coffee and tea making facilities have been removed from the room for safety reasons, to avoid contamination.
- Laundry service for guests has been cancelled and the laundry bag and price list have been removed from the room.
- We have removed the clothes brushes from the rooms.
- Rooms shall be set up depending on occupant – one of two persons.
- TV and air conditioning remote controls (whenever the case) are wrapped in plastic foil and sealed to be easily sanitized after each guest.
- We have changed the procedure on room cleaning and disinfection after each guest. Vacated rooms are sanitized and disinfected according to the new internal procedures, and are ready to be inhabited after at least 48 hours since vacated.
- Air in the vacated rooms is sanitized with the help of the ozone generator.
- We have limited the time allotted to room cleaning during the guest’s stay. In the occupied rooms the maid shall enter the room only to dispose of daily litter, in the absence of the guest.
- Linen and towels are not changed during the guest’s stay. In special cases, if the guest requests that linen and towels should be changed during his stay, the maid shall do so when the guest is not in the room, without touching the guest’s items or other surfaces in the room.
- We have changed the procedure of gathering linen and towels so as to avoid shaking them up. Linen and towels from each room are stored in separate bags, which will be carried to the next room to be cleaned. The bags are emptied only in the laundry room when their content is placed in the washing machine.
- We have removed the shawl/bedspread and decorative pillows, to facilitate sanitizing.
- Pillows and mattress/protection cover are washed after each customer.
- Washing and drying at high temperatures, then ironing ensure the disinfection of linen, towels and bathrobes. We use professional detergents and disinfectants, in keeping with the protocol established with our supplier Ecolab.
- All surfaces in the room are cleaned wiped and disinfected with dedicated professional products, in keeping with the protocol established by our supplier Ecolab.
- Cleaning cloths are changed after each room. They are collected in a special container to be cleaned and disinfected at the end of the day, when they are placed in chlorine solution, washed and dried in a drier at 70 degrees.
- Maid’s troller and all used utensils shall be disinfected at the end of working hours and locked in the store.
- During room disinfection we special attention to door knobs, handles, switches, sockets, phone buttons, remote control, safe, accessible lighting items (bed lamp, etc), all plane surfaces, informative materials in the room.
- Bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected with dedicated professional products, in keeping with the protocol established by our supplier Ecolab and the updated cleaning check-list.
- We give up shampoo/washing gel dispensers and we shall use individual cosmetics.
- Everything not used by the guest during his stay (individual cosmetics, slippers, bathrobe) shall be collected after guest’s check-out.
- We frequently clean air conditioning and air convectors in keeping with the new schedule established by the technical department.
- Dirty linen and towels are taken to the laundry in separate bags and put directly in the washing machines.
- Laundry employees will handle the bags only wearing gloves and protection masks.
- Washing temperature shall be minimum 60 degrees.
- The area where the bags brought from rooms are stored shall be clearly delimited from that where the clean linen is taken out from washing machines.
- The drying process (60-70 degrees) and ironing will finalise disinfection.
- The emptied bags, together with used gloves shall be placed in specially marked conainers.
RESTAURANT AND KITCHEN
- We have updated the Food Safety Management System and we observe the programmes that include hygiene, cleaning and sanitizing good practices, area zoning, supplier control, storage, distribution and transport staff hygiene and work capacity assessment, all basic conditions and activities necessary to maintain a hygienic environment for food processing.
- Presently, there is no proof that people can get COVID-19 from food and food packaging. Research has assessed that the virus survives on various surfaces and reported that the virus stays viable up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, up to 4 (four) hours on copper and up to 24 hours on cardboard, therefore we have intensified the disinfection of all areas.
- We provide breakfast and dinner by room service. The list of dishes and prices is in your room.
- We use disposable packages to serve meals in the room, in order to diminish as much as possible human contact and avoid.
- We have amended room service procedures in order to observe hygiene and safety regulations.
- We have limited the number of employees that have contact with the dishes served to the guests.
- We have updated commodities take over procedures as follows: suppliers and employees delivering/taking over commodities wear protection outfit; we disinfect packages by spraying them with disinfecting solutions before moving them to the hotel storage area.
- All our products are purchased from accredited suppliers that present compliance certificates.
- Non-alimentary and alimentary products that need no heat processing are stored in a buffer area for 24 hours; fresh alimentary products are taken out of packages in a separate area, washed and stored in specific areas.
- We have updated working procedures and increased hand washing and disinfecting frequency for all working processes: food processing and sale.
- There are disinfecting doormats when entering all production areas.
- We have consolidated technical maintenance services: water disinfection, water drinking quality monitoring, dishwasher monitoring, air filter condition, optimal operation of disinfectant dispensers.
- We ensure daily working equipment cleaning and disinfection at temperatures of 60-90 degrees.
MEASURES (rules) FOR EMPLOYEES
- Our team is trained to rigorously apply all internal legal measures regarding COVID-19 prevention. Each employee is thoroughly informed about essential prevention measures. Operation instructions are regularly amended.
- We co-operate with Ecolab, which provides information, infection and virus spreading prevention programmes by attending online training sessions which include operational, training and resource best practices.
- Employees can enter the hotel through specially designated areas, observing the control procedure in force for this period: body temperature checking, filling in the related form; disinfection of hands and street shoes.
- We have updated the working outfit of our team, the employees receiving protection masks, gloves and visors as part of standard uniform.
- All employees are provided with disinfectants.
- We have updated internal working procedures and increased the frequency of hand washing, disinfection of areas and utensils during the working processes (in the kitchen, at the reception desk, while serving and cleaning).
- We pay attention to disinfecting handles, handrails, switches etc. in auxiliary areas reserved for employees, in lock rooms included.
- We increased the efficiency of internal flows as to limit movements within the hotel, minimise contacts among co-workers and maintain social distance.
- We have significantly restricted/limited physical contacts between Continental Hotels employees and guests.
- Working equipment is daily cleaned and disinfected at temperatures of 60-90 degrees, depending on materials.
- Used protection outfits are discarded, by observing the rules of collecting them in specially designed boxes and subsequently in specially designed containers. These boxes and containers are washed and disinfected after the content is collected by specialised companies.
We assure you of our concern for your safety and comfort.
Hello Hotels Bucharest
Grand Hotel Continental Bucharest
Continental Hotels – Headquarters